John Walker is Managing Partner of Sacro & Walker. His practice focuses on general commercial and complex business litigation in state and federal courts, where he has over 20 years of experience defending individuals and businesses against tort and breach of contract claims brought by consumers, competitors, business partners and employees. Mr. Walker is an accomplished trial advocate, having litigated numerous complex matters to judgment. He is skilled in all aspects of the litigation process, including appellate review.
Mr. Walker is admitted to practice in all California state courts, as well as before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Court for the Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California. He has received a Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent peer rating.
- Counsel for international food and beverage company in numerous litigations, including construction defect and high exposure personal injury matters.
- Counsel for national retailer in several California lawsuits, including a major consumer class action and significant contract disputes with product and service vendors.
- Lead responsibility for cross-examining defense damage causation experts in an arbitration that resulted in US$20 million arbitration judgment for Fortune 500 defense contractor.
- Defended technology company in a fraud/breach of contract action. Fraud claims won on motion for summary adjudication before trial; lead trial counsel on breach of contract claims that resulted in a jury verdict below California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) Section 998 offer, entitling client to recover attorneys’ fees and other costs exceeding the judgment amount.
- Represented national insurers in bad faith litigation arising from insurance claim denials.
- Coverage counsel providing legal advice to national insurer in connection with accidental death insurance claims.
Mr. Walker received his Juris Doctor in 1993 from New York University School of Law. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. Mr. Walker is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Walker is conversant in German.
Mr. Walker served as an Attorney Board Member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL) from 2013 to 2016.
Articles & Publications
- Speaker, “California Supreme Court Update CLE” in February 2014 at the Association of Corporate Counsel in Anaheim, California.
- Presenter, “California Wage and Hour Class Actions Update” in January 2013 at the CLE Seminar in Beverly Hills, California.